For further information or to join the Hepatitis C Coalition
SC Department of Health & Environmental Control (DHEC)
Health Services/Bureau of Disease Control
Mick Carnett, CCDP, CRPC, Executive Director
Robert Ball, MD, MPH
PO Box 290162
Columbia, SC 29229
Why Join the Coalition?
- To remain updated on Hepatitis C related activities in South Carolina
- To increase awareness of this emerging public health problem
- To promote private-public partnerships to share information and collaborate on activities regarding Hepatitis C
- To promote public health education to prevent Hepatitis C transmission
- To facilitate statewide planning for education and prevention programs, effective resource utilization and establishment of referral systems for patient care
- To improve health care workers safety and reduce risks from Hepatitis C
- To promote the allocation of additional resources to address this emerging public health problem
Who Should Join the Coalition?
Anyone who cares about Hepatitis C and its effect on South Carolinians, especially interested health care professionals, should join the Coalition.